Well, we’re a few days into the New Year now, and I’ve been considering what my goals might be for the year. I don’t normally make ‘resolutions’ but I do think it’s good to look ahead and try to plan out what might be some realistic goals to meet; what I want to accomplish in the months to come. So here are a few things I’m looking at for our family:
- begin phonics instruction with Corbin
- continue to work on Hailey’s reading (improvement)
- make sure Logan begins learning to write a paper (essay)
- continue to educate myself about homeschooling, and anything else I have an interest in
- (Karl) continue in classes for Masters….to be completed by March 2010
- continue to improve my own relationship with the Lord…through Bible reading, church attendance, prayer, and praise
- do more Bible study/devotions with the kids apart from our school time
- continue to read the Bible with Karl to improve our marriage relationship in the Lord
- make necessary dietary changes to continue with a healthy pregnancy
- eat healthfully and begin anew an exercise routine to lose the ‘baby weight’ after the birth
- find fun ways to get the whole family outside and moving…such as wrestling classes, swim lessons, soccer, baseball, etC.
These are just a few of the things I want to accomplish in 2009…there are many things that need to be done. I thought the above were the most important in each area. I plan to look at this list often to remind myself of where we need to be heading.
What are your goals for the year?