Here’s what we’ve been doing:
- Hailey has been reading lots of books about ferrets, leopards, tigers, red foxes…also reading fiction books such as Cub in the Cupboard, Badger in the Basement, Bunnies in the Bathroom, Husky in the Hut. She has also done some math and English.
- Logan has been creating a map of his Bionicle world, doing a bit of English and math
- Corbin has been working on math and reading…he still LOVES math.
- We’ve all read aloud together Little House on the Prairie and I actually plan to finish that book today.
- I printed out some handwriting for Logan….George Washington’s Rules of Civility…today is rule #1 and it states, “In the presence of others sing not to yourself with humming noise, nor drum with your fingers or feet.” If you know Logan at all you’ll know exactly why we thought this was funny and quite appropriate. He will be copying this rule all week and hopefully memorizing and applying it.
- Hailey worked in her A Reason for Handwriting book.
- We have also been working on many chores, getting things ready for our move, playing with Emma, and feeding Emma (the kids help with that).
- We will be making banana nut muffins today. The kids have been asking for more muffins, and now the bananas are ready to be used for that purpose. I’ll also probably have them help with dinner in some way.
- We met with the window guy (just what I call him, not the name of his business)…the window in our garage needs to be replaced due to melting snow leaking in and getting the wood wet. It will be a new, double-hung window and is apparently cheaper than repairing the current one since the wood isn’t rotten so it won’t need to be replaced.
- We’ve spent a lot of time looking at rental homes online and finding them on the map to see where they are, how close they are to the ocean, how far are they from Grandma’s, etc. We’ve also had much discussion of what we would all prefer in regards to size, space, location. Of course everyone has a different perspective…I find their reasoning to be interesting.
That’s it for now. I don’t know when I’ll be back….just wanted to check in.