Here are some things we’ve been working on:
- writing books…all three kids are in various stages of book-writing
- guessing….the number of marbles and declaring a winner, awarding a ‘prize’ and throwing confetti (made by them)
- reading many books…on topics such as rabbits, guinea pigs, other small mammals, pet care, cats and the care of them, becoming a zoo keeper, working with animals, the planets and space, the space shuttle, tigers, and bears..and various fiction books in the Star Wars, Ranger’s Apprentice, and Hank the Cowdog series’.
- I’ve been reading a lot about homeschooling, unschooling, and learning in general
- making banana bread, sugar cookies, measuring to find out the capacity of containers(such as gallons, quarts, pints, etc.)
- running (the kids and Karl)
- walking (Emma and I)
- reading lessons and sight words…Corbin is doing really well with that, and he seems to excel at math
- discussing some family history as we viewed photos and videos from when the kids were much smaller
- sorting, organizing, decluttering closets
Those are just some of our learning activities over the last several weeks. I really need to try to get back here more often to post things…I’m sure there’s way more we’ve done that I can’t remember now.