Tonight we ‘did science’ in the kitchen with Dad. They had been planning to look at a tooth Hailey lost a few days ago, because it happened to be one that had a cavity the dentist did not fill because it was about to fall out. So, they finally decided to do that…and it extended into looking at a teeny slice of banana, some of my blood, some skin from Karl’s cheek (inside), and a slide with paramecium on it (Karl had this…not sure why). Corbin looked at a screw and a penny, too. It was fun, they were learning, and it was just a natural part of our night. I loved it! In additions to that, here is what we did today:
- baked a double batch of chocolate chip banana muffins for the freezer
- Hailey helped me make a Beef Pot Pie for dinner
- school wise, Hailey took a math test and made 100%…go Hailey! She also completed a history sheet, and her English lesson, 15 minutes of typing, and a bit of lesson 2 in The Paragraph Book, along with Unit 2, day 5 of Beyond…
- Corbin also completed Unit 2, day 5 of Beyond….a math lesson, a handwriting lesson, RME, and 2 more chapters of The Adventures of Peter Cottontail.
- Logan began lesson 2 in The Paragraph Book, did his work for the day from OFE, 15 minutes of typing, and a handwriting lesson.