1. Well, I kind of LOVE the #7, and if you’ve read my blog for more than a few weeks you already know that.
2. I am the mom in a family of 7. (there it is again!)
3. I am at the beginning of my 6th year of homeschooling. I can’t believe I have stuck with it that long! But then, I can. A very wise lady told me long ago that it was a calling from God (for her). She was correct. It was not until my 3rd try, and after God had been dealing with me all summer about how I was planning to go back to work and teach others’ children while my own (including my 3 yo) were to be taught by others, that I was able to begin and actually stay with it. I have found myself in it. It’s tough…some days I wonder if I’m really doing what he called me to…..but deep down I know it’s right for us…...because it’s His plan.
4. When my husband is away on a business trip I have to have a nightlight on in our room….too childish?
5. Coca-Cola is my drink of choice. I would even give up my morning coffee if I had to in order to still be able to drink my coca-cola.
6. I have 5 children from the age of 11 months all the way to 13.5. I would love to have more.
7. My most favorite gift I have ever received is the bible my husband gave to me for my birthday in 1997. We had just begun our 3rd year of marriage and I actually thought it was an odd gift at the time. I mean, I already had a bible. I must say that my love for my bible, for my husband, and for my God has grown with each passing year. I’m so thankful that he chose that gift for me that year. I found my life verse within its pages:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
And it is something I can hold onto when life gets rough.