Wow! Let’s just say that you do not want to have the ‘stomach flu’ make rounds through your family, no matter how many or how few of you there are! And, you do not want it to set in the week your PODs arrive and when you are supposed to be packing in earnest. You also do not want to have sent your 9-year-old son to a friend’s house (who has 3 boys herself!) to spend the night, not realizing he was sick and now worrying because their whole family will probably get sick too! Logan is the only one who has missed it…..and I’m still not so sure because who knows if all of the germs will be out of here by Saturday night? No matter how many times I scrub toilets, wipe down door handles, clean light switches, swab counters, switch out hand towels……
I can feel my OCD ‘acting up’ and we will be cleaning bathrooms daily from now on!
Oh, and we are supposed to be packing. Yeah. Interesting week in the Woerner house.
At least we always know our God is faithful:
- A friend ministered to us by preparing a delicious dish that lasted through 2 entire meals….and we still have a couple servings left.
- I was only nauseous and a bit weak, so still able to care for the others.
- They weren’t all sick at the same time. Can you imagine?
- The house must be cleaned anyway before we leave, so it gives me a little bit of a head start on that at least.
- The realtor called 5 minutes before showing up today…..I had cleaned all the bathrooms and vacuumed all of the carpets, so the house was more ready than usual.
- I was still able to get 4 boxes packed, and 2 shelves and 4 chairs moved out to the garage (by myself!) today.
Looking forward to a day of no sickies tomorrow……