*This post includes affiliate links. Pleas view my Disclosure to learn more about how this affects my family.
Today I’m excited to tell you about My Book of Thanks: a 25 Day Gratitude Journal for Kids, created by Heather at Upside Down Homeschooling! One of my daughters is 4 1/2, which I feel is a great age to start discussing thankfulness in more depth. As she gets older and begins to notice character traits, things others get to have or do, and generally becomes more aware, and possibly more vocal, about what is ‘fair’ and what is not, I want to be able to point her back to Jesus. He has done so much for us by dying on the cross to save us from our sins, as well as all of the day-to-day events in which He works. Heather’s Book of Thanks has given us a fantastic start as we head further into the fall season and the Thanksgiving holiday.
Highlights of My Book of Thanks: a 25 Day Gratitude Journal for Kids
- pages are easily printed at home
- each page includes a sweet fall-themed graphic and Today I’m Thankful for…….with lines to write out each thing the child is thankful for below
- every other page includes a scripture verse about giving thanks
- includes scripture memory, handwriting practice, and dictation/spelling practice, depending on how much you do with it with your child
How we’ve used My Book of Thanks: a 25 Day Gratitude Journal for Kids
- I’ve had my 4 year old tell me what she is thankful for each day. I write down what she says on a marker board, and she is then able to copy it onto her paper
- We have practiced saying the verses on the days that include verses.
- The fall-themed graphics have been conversation starters. We’ve discussed what each item is, as well as any real-life experiences we may have had with these items.
- Storage for our Book of Thanks has been a thin, 3-ring binder that we keep on her shelf (each of my children has their own library shelf) in our home library.
- My 10 year old enjoyed writing out what he is thankful for, too. (see above photo) Though the age range for this pack is listed as PreK-3rd graders (or ages 4 to 9), you know your children best and may be able to use these with children on either side of the age ranges, as well.
The price for this pack is currently listed at the terrific low price of $1.99! AND, just for my readers, Heather has generously provided a discount code: footsteps. Simply click here between now and Monday, October 28, 2013, to make your purchase, and the code will give you an additional 20% off her sale price. Now that is a deal!
Be sure to enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to WIN a copy of My Book of Thanks: a 25 Day Gratitude Journal for Kids!
This post is linked up with 8 Story Time Books for Fall & Hearts for Home Blog Hop #40